When comparing online home insurance quotes for your house in Rathdrum, ID, it is important to make sure you look at identical policies. Insurance companies will ask different questions and provide different levels of coverage, which can make navigating multiple quotes challenging. By making sure the individual aspects of various policies are identical, you can ensure that you are, in fact, comparing identical policies. Here are the pieces of the policy to look at.
Types of Coverage
A homeowners insurance policy will include several different types of coverage. Common coverages that are found in most policies include:
- the dwelling, which is your house
- any other structures on the property
- your personal belongings
Levels of Coverage
Within each of the above three categories, there are different levels of coverage that an insurer may provide. These are:
- replacement cost, which pays the amount needed to replace your possessions
- actual cash value, which is the depreciated value of your possessions
- market value, which pays the current value of your home
- stated value, in which the insurer determines a specific value you are insured for
These two factors change from policy to policy, just as deductibles do. In order to make sure your comparison is accurate, only compare policies that have identical types and levels of coverage.
Customize Your Quote
To see quotes for your own home, you can use our website. We make it easy to customize coverages, so you can easily compare identical policies. Should you have any questions about a quote you come across, feel free to give us a call. We have local, licensed insurance agents that can answer any questions you might have.